ASCII ART

I remember ASCII ART back in the day of its existence on MySpace! It was very common to see it on myspace in the comments section. Personally, I think it's a bit scary that the fact that a message or an image could be made from numbers and letters. It provides me with the feeling of someone trespassing into your computer system sending you horrid messages through this type of art. Maybe I've been watching too much Mr. Robot to think hackers would use art to hack into our computers.
That's just my fear personally though. In addition, the amount of accuracy that the converters online can provide is absolutely stunning but disturbing in the sense that it could basically identify every pixel of the image.
I noticed ever since the leap from myspace to facebook, there has been a drought in using ASCII art to send a mess of "love" or even just a simple hello. The gradience that letter and numbers can display in these images take me back to the moment when we made animal faces with the use of type and knowledge of its anatomy. Though I noticed that almost all ASCII art has a higher amount of numbers and letters without a variety of size...
Lastly, this is reminiscent of grid art where it is pixelated and dissected into specific sections.

Comments

Popular Posts