Xerox Project

This is my xerox project. I added a lot more hands because it felt a bit empty. I decided to go with a pop art theme, but with a Richard Hamilton twist. The reason why is because I recently was binging off of Netflix and realized in today's culture we are stuck in this digital world as couch potatoes. We are not active outdoors or active at all at times. Relaxing is our number one priority. I personally love a Netflix and chill night after a long day of work and school. Though I realized how we imprison ourselves in the devices we own. The fact that it is so convenient for us to access compared to taking a trip to the old existence of Blockbusters, has us tied down to our televisions and phones. I wanted to imply that we are trapped in our own devices by creating an old retro TV and pretending to be trapped inside and unable to get out of this other dimension.  I made the TV with matt board, wood contact sheet, silver duck tape, cardboard, and acrylic paint.The "screen" in the center is curved to create the essence of a screen since it is made out of cardboard. The center reveals that I am stuck inside with multiple beings that are unknown, trying to portray that technology has a soul, but it is an unknown being that pulls you in and captivates you. I used thumb tacks to pin it to the wall since the legs are also made out of cardboard and are very flimsy. 














Comments

Popular Posts